By MIKE DE LA RAMA
LEGAZPI CITY – The provincial government of Albay continues to extend more relief assistance to families dislocated by floods and landslides in some Northern Luzon provinces, particularly in Isabela.
Responding to the Isabela calamity, Albay Gov. Joey Salceda said the provincial government is set to sent to Isabela on Sunday (Nov. 7) a six-man response team composed of emergency management paramedics.
According to Salceda, the team will bring and operate a water purifying machine of 33,000 liters per hour and a water tanker to distribute water to the residents.
Aside from medical staff and facilities, the Albay government has donated P250,000 cash to the provincial government of Isabela.
Salceda said similar cash donation had been given to Cagayan province last Friday.
“The provincial government is always ready to extend help to other areas devastated by any calamity or crisis; it is our turn and duty to help,” he added.
Albay provincial health officer Dr. Luis Mendoza, on the other hand, said the team will assist the provincial health office of Isabela in providing health services and ensure proper sanitation, hygiene and clean drinking water.
“The health response team of Albay will be staying in the province for at least two weeks to help our counterpart respond to the health needs of their constituents,” Mendoza said.
Meanwhile, Isabela Gov. Faustino Dy III has extended his appreciation to Salceda for sending the health mission and extending financial support to the people of Isabela.